Thursday 15 April 2010

The cover for my next book is up on Amazon!

The cover for my next book, Medieval Handgonnes: The First Black Powder Infantry Weapons, is now up on Amazon. This book is being published by Osprey Publishing in October and is one of the first in their new Weapons of War series, featuring influential weapons. Since my book is about the first firearms up to the invention of the matchlock, it made sense for it to be one of the first published.

As usual, Osprey has done a bang-up job on the cover. The main image is from a Swiss chronicle from the late 15th century, and the two handgonnes at the top are from the early to mid 15th century. The one with a wooden stock is English and the other is Danish.

I'm getting the edits soon and am looking forward to putting the finishing touches on this book! I'm also hard at work on two other books for Osprey, one on the Battle of Adowa between the Italians and Ethiopians in 1896, and another on General J.O. Shelby's 1863 Civil War raid through Missouri. They're keeping me busy, and that's the way i like it.

1 comment:

Sandy Lender said...

They've done a "bang-up" job on the cover? First, I agree. Second, I love the pun.

Congratulations!

From Sandy Lender
"Some days, you just want the dragon to win."

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.