Saturday 16 January 2016

My Writing Year: A Look Back And A Look Forward

The year 2015 was a pretty productive one for me. Two of my series got to book three. My post-apocalyptic science fiction series saw the publication of We Had Flags, and No Man's Land became the third in my Trench Raiders WWI action series. My House Divided series of Civil War horror got its second installment with The River of Desperation. I also came out with a collection of speculative short stories called The Rat Killer and Other Weird War Tales.

This year is going to be a busy one too. In 2016, I plan to come out with several books. Right now I'm finishing up The Last Hotel Room, a novel set in contemporary Tangier that deals with the refugee crisis. There's a reason I've been doing all those writing retreats in Morocco!

I'll also be coming out with the fourth installment of my Toxic World series, Emergency Transmission. The residents of New City have to deal with an environmental disaster that could wipe out their settlement, and discover that the Righteous Horde might be coming back. Fans of my Trench Raiders series will get Under the Front. The men of Company E join the tunnelers in an attempt to dig under the German lines. As usual, the mission does not go as planned! In addition, there will be a horror novella set in Viking Greenland, another about the Apaches raiding Mexico to get revenge on some scalp hunters, and a couple of other projects still bubbling away in my brain pan. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Lots of books coming out! I have to catch up.

Jack Badelaire said...

Awesome! I can't wait to see what lands in 2016, and I'm extraordinarily jealous of your productivity!

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.