Tuesday 1 November 2016

Doing National Novel Writing Month Again This Year!


It's that time of year again, when writers all around the world brew an extra post of coffee and pound their keyboards until their fingers bleed. That's right, it's National Novel Writing Month, when we go for the goal of writing 50,000 words in a month.

This year is a bit different for me because I'm in the middle of a bunch of things, so instead of writing a whole novel in a month, I'm finishing one ghostwriting novel, starting another, and continuing work on Emergency Transmission, the fourth in my Toxic World series of post-apocalyptic novels. I guess that means I'm doing National Partially Write Three Novels Month. Whatever, as long as I make 50,000 words!

If you're doing NaNo and want to hook up online, you find me at my participant page.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hitting 50,000 total is all that matters. Good luck, Sean!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I have a different view of NaNo than most in the blogverse. It is the English teacher in me who believes we should strive to write quality not quantity as we progress. Thinking we will go back and repair a hastily thrown together novel is inefficient -- like with building a home, trying to rip up badly placed boards in the foundation is harder and longer than just doing it right the first time. But NaNo is a way to connect with other struggling writers -- yet isn't that what blogging is for? Just me. :-)

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.