Wednesday 15 February 2017

Off to Egypt to write my next book


I'm off to Cairo tomorrow for a couple of weeks to work on my next novel, a neo-pulp adventure story set in Cairo in 1919. I write about it and the setting at length in this Black Gate post. While I won't be on much social media, I will be updating my Instagram account daily, so you can follow along with my exploration of Cairo and the surrounding area. You don't have to have an Instagram account of your own to see the pictures.

Special thanks to blogger buddy Lexa Cain for lots of tips on Egypt. Check out here blog for some interesting insights into the country.

Photo of the pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara from Wikimedia Commons. Everyone always shows Giza but this was the first pyramid, c. 2648 BC!
Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.