Saturday 28 March 2020

Writing During Lockdown



Hello from lockdown!

No, I'm not locked down in the hypostele hallway of Karnak temple like the photo suggests, I'm locked down in my apartment in Madrid, the hardest-hit city of one of the hardest-hit countries in the world. I'm only going out for essential shopping trips these days. My Easter trip to England has been canceled, as has a planned spring trip to Tunisia.

At least that gives me plenty of time to write. In addition to work for my usual clients, I'm hard at work on the fourth book of my Masked Man of Cairo series, The Case of the Karnak Killer. I should be done with it in a couple of weeks and then it will go into edits. After that I'll finish up the third in the Interzone Mystery series, Flight to Fez. After that I'll be working on a couple of new projects that I'll announce later in April.

My word count has definitely gone up in the last two weeks of total lockdown. Writing is keeping me sane, so I'll just keep doing more and more of it. What are you doing to keep sane?

Stay safe!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're in Madrid? Wow, glad you are safe. Sadly, I'm still going to work, but fortunately our area has very few cases. Wish I could get paid to stay home and right!

Darlene said...

Loved your article on the tinclads, didn't know a thin about them. I ran into your work as I was researching the Ironclad USS Cincinatti. Thank you for your work!

Deniz Bevan said...

You're in Madrid? Glad to hear you're safe. Waving from Switzerland!

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.