Friday 10 April 2009

The Ups And Downs Of Writing

It's been a mixed week. I made a lot of good contacts at the Oxfringe literary festival last weekend. Then Pulse Guides told me they won't be continuing their European line, including the online updates for Madrid I've been doing. They blamed the poor economy and reduction in international travel. Then a university press hired me as a peer reviewer for a history book. It's always nice to be recognized for your expertise. Then an agent rejected the query for my Civil War novel. Up and down and up and down goes my career. You'd think after eight years I'd be used to it!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.