Friday 2 October 2009

There's a new editor in town

I'm obviously not doing my job.

I spend a lot of time on this blog talking about the agonies of the freelance life and yet in the past week two friends have asked me to read their novels, and now another friend has started a freelance editing business. Have I taught you people nothing?

The new editor in town is Missouri poet Shawn Douglas, known in Madrid as Shawn Numero Dos because he arrived there after me. Well, having spent two years teaching English and surviving snarky comments from inferior poets, he's back in St. Louis writing and setting up his own editing business. It's called Write-Edit-Teach and besides editing he's offering writing services, including technical writing (he's a computer whizz who's saved my Luddite ass on several occasions), and teaching everything from English to SAT preparation. So if you're in the St. Louis area, or willing to work via email (and as a writer you better be) then check him out. He's easy going, his rates are competitive, and he knows his stuff.

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.