Tuesday 8 June 2010

Interview with paranormal author Yolanda Sfetsos

Today here at Midlist Writer we're interviewing Yolanda Sfetsos, a talented author with several titles to her credit. Like many writers, she works in a variety of genres but her stories have a common thread of the paranormal.

1) Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you write.

Well, my name is Yolanda and I live in a suburb of Sydney, Australia, with my husband, daughter, and cat. I spend most of my time writing stories, thinking about ideas, developing them, researching, and revising them to an inch of their lives.

I write in a variety of genres, but every one of my stories has an element of the paranormal. There’s always something otherworldly lurking in the shadows. I enjoy stepping into those shadows, and delving into dark-edged stories with characters who find themselves caught up in this darkness.

Of course, I don’t spend all of my time in front of the computer, so when I manage to step away, I enjoy spending time with my family. I also love going for daily walks, working out, watching movies, TV shows, and anime. As well as reading, I love to read!


2) What inspired you to write BOUNDLESS: Book Three of the Alyce Kerr, Faith Healer Trilogy?

The inspiration for this story--which happens to be the last one in Alyce’s trilogy--was the other two stories. Seriously, the more time I spent in Alyce’s dark world, the more I wanted to write it. It was almost like all I needed was a paragraph to get my creative juices flowing.


3) What attracts you to write about the paranormal?

Oh, I love everything paranormal/supernatural. Even when I come up with a storyline that seems normal, something paranormal eventually turns up. I can’t help it. My ears perk up whenever I hear about new paranormal books, movies, or shows.

I think it all started when I was pretty young. I was one of those kids who didn’t turn away from a scary movie; it intrigued me. I also happened to be that teenage girl who loved horror movies, and enjoyed labeling herself as a ‘horror freak’. I encouraged my friends to go and watch scary movies all the time.

It’s an attraction I haven’t been able to fight. I can’t help wondering about what lies beyond our world, and choose to let my imagination go wild with the possibilities.


4) Where can we find you online?

This is where you can find me:

Website: http://www.yolandasfetsos.com/
Blog: http://ysfetsos.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/yolandasfetsos
Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yolandasfetsos/
LiveJournal: http://yolandasfetsos.livejournal.com/
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/yolandasfetsos

I also blog on the 18th of every month at the RomErotica Writers Blog.

Thanks so much for having me over here today, Sean!

1 comment:

Yolanda Sfetsos said...

Thanks for having me over here today! It was a lot of fun to answer the questions. :D

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.