Thursday 10 June 2010

New horror from Damnation Books

At the stroke of midnight on June 1, Damnation Books released its third catalog of horror ebooks and POD publications.

Barely a year old, Damnation Books has already made a name for itself in dark fiction, showcasing many new and veteran writers. They're also planning to rerelease out-of-print novels by long-established authors such as Kathryn Meyer Griffith.

This season's selection has a wide range of books, from historical to contemporary, grim to humorous. As a historical writer myself (both in fiction and nonfiction) I like that there are so many historical pieces. I got myself Vasilov's Demon, set during the Russian Revolution, and Dead of Night, which includes undead bushwhackers. Having used bushwhackers in my own (unpublished) horror novel, I'm interested to see how author C.M. Saunders handles them. I also bought the modern psychological thriller Desiree and the quirky Painter's Green.

All books are discounted for a limited time, so head on over to Damnation Books to get some great deals on great stories. While you're over there check out my own horror short--Dannevirke.

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.