Wednesday 18 June 2014

Blurb help please!

I'm busy putting the final touches on Refugees from the Righteous Horde, Book Two of my Toxic World post-apocalyptic series. It picks up where Radio Hope left off.
Right now I'm working on the blurb, and blurbs are hard. Here's what I have so far. I'd love to get your input.

When you only have one shot, you better aim true.
In a world shattered by war, pollution and disease, civilization’s last outpost is reeling after fighting off the fanatical warriors of the Righteous Horde. Newly elected sheriff Annette Cruz becomes New City’s long arm of vengeance as she sets off across the wildlands to take out the cult’s leader. All she has is a sniper’s rifle with one bullet and an unlikely ally, a former cultist who has his own agenda.
Meanwhile, one of the cult’s escaped slaves makes a discovery that could tear New City apart.
Refugees from the Righteous Horde continues the Toxic World series started in Radio Hope, an ongoing narrative of humanity’s struggle to rebuild the world it ruined.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

First line is the tagline, right? I like it.
Maybe a hint about the discovery? Otherwise, sounds good.

D.G. Hudson said...

Like Alex said the only part that bothered me was the line about the discovery which affects New City. How important is it? Can it be tied to the info about the sheriff?

That first line is great.

Misha Gerrick said...

I think it's just right as is. Only I'd put in spaces between important section of the blurb.

Donna Volkenannt said...

I like it. You've hit the highlights: conflict, stakes, and an intriguing main character.

Sean McLachlan said...

Thanks for your thoughts, folks!

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.