Sunday 6 November 2016

Black Gate Wins World Fantasy Award


Regular readers of this blog know that on Wednesdays I'm over at Black Gate blogging about travel and history. Black Gate started out as a fantasy fiction print magazine before migrating online, where it has become one of the leading blogs covering genre fiction. Doing what I do, I'm a bit of an oddball among the bloggers, but I'm made to feel welcome and I enjoy working on it.

Now Black Gate has been recognized for its contributions in the field by getting the World Fantasy Award at the latest World Fantasy Convention in Columbus, Ohio. Congratulations to my editor John O'Neill and all my fellow bloggers! You can read more about the award here.

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That is awesome, Sean! Ironic that you write travel and history for them, especially when you do write speculative fiction.

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.