Wednesday 9 August 2017

Blurb and Cover Help Please!


My brother-in-law is designing the cover for my next book, a historical adventure/mystery. Which of these do you prefer?

I'm also working on the tagline and blurb, to be submitted to the Kindle Scout Program. The tagline can be no more than 45 characters, while the blurb can be no more than 500. Here's what I have so far:

An ancient mystery, a modern murder.

Sir Augustus Wall, a horribly mutilated veteran of the Great War, has left Europe behind to open an antiquities shop in Cairo. But Europe's troubles follow him as a priceless inscription is stolen and those who know its secrets start turning up dead. Teaming up with Egyptology expert Moustafa Ghani, and Faisal, a street urchin who knows all the city's hidden places, Sir Wall must unravel an ancient secret, and face his own dark past.


4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think both the blurb and tagline are great.
Of the covers, I prefer the first one. The darker tones stand out more.

Tony Laplume said...

Of these two, the first. The second one's confusing with how the shadow is colored on the face.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I prefer the first one--the red one. That bold color catches my eye.

UplayOnline said...

The darker tones stand out more.


เย็ดสาว

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.