Tuesday 22 April 2008

Writing Milestones

Yesterday I passed the 50,000 word/200 page mark on my work in progress, a horror novel set in Civil War Missouri. I have about 30,000-35,000 words to go, and I have it all mapped out in my head, so I'm well beyond the halfway point.

Of course, this has no real significance at all, but just as we all celebrated on New Year's when the calendar changed to 2000, I'm celebrating this. Round numbers look nice, and it's always good for writers to give themselves a pat on the back every now and then. This is a discouraging business to be in.

Back to work. I'm on chapter 13, always a good place to be in a horror novel. :-)

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.