Monday 29 December 2008

Promotional Opportunities For Your Blog

Hi everyone,

I’m looking to connect my blogs with others that cover the same subjects, so I’m planning several blog promotions for the coming weeks. Four are for writing blogs, and another is for travel blogs.

1: WRITING GOALS FOR 2008. Post your writing goals for the past year on your blog. How many did you make? Did your goals change over the year? Did you get some unexpected work? Once you’ve posted, send me a link and I’ll mention it on my blog. For a sample of what I’m looking for, here were my goals.

2: WRITING GOALS FOR 2009: What are your goals for 2009? Post about them and send me a link.

3. SUCCESS STORY FOR 2008: What was your biggest success story? Post about it and send me a link. Or if you’ve already posted about it, tell me. This is a way to promote yourself and get people to read your old posts (always a challenge for bloggers).

4. BEST WRITING ADVICE OF THE YEAR: What was the best writing advice you heard all year? Post about it and send me the link. If it’s on someone else’s blog or website, send me a link to that. I’m sure they’d appreciate it.

5. BEST TRAVEL POST: If you have a travel blog, I’d like to link to your favorite travel post of the year. Maybe it was about a trip you went on, or that perfect photo you took, or a cool postcard you received. My favorite post from my own blog is about the day I didn’t see a yeti in the Himalayas.

Deadline for all of these is January 10. Email me at seansontheweb (at) yahoo (dot) com. I’ll start posting them a few at a time over several days. Hopefully I’ll be able to drive some traffic to your site from my writing blog, midlistwriter.blogspot.com and my travel blog, grizzledoldtraveler.blogspot.com

So what do I get out of this? Well, I’ll learn about some cool new blogs, and hopefully people will return the favor and mention my blog when I post about theirs. The blogosphere is all about connections.

1 comment:

Jeanne Amequohi said...

Hi Sean! I read your Pros invitation at my Fantasy Writer's group with great interest. What an intriguing idea!

I checked out both your writing and travelers blogs, and enjoyed both your writing style, but also, the links to other writers and websites.

I will contact you again before Jan. 10th.

Happy New Year!
Jeanne AmequohiWahali

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.