Friday 21 January 2011

Photo Friday: Highland Farm

Welcome to another Photo Friday. Today is a shot I took while hiking the East Highland Way, Scotland's newest long distance trail. It starts at Ft. William on the west coast and runs for 78 miles deep into the Highlands to Aviemore. You see a lot of these isolated farmhouses on the way. This one is wisely built at the foot of a steep slope, where a line of trees marks the path of a mountain stream. Good for watering your sheep! I like how the mist softens the already soft colors.

Kevin Langan, who established the route, has already self-published a guidebook. Now it's been taken up by a traditional press and he's asked to use some of my photos. I'm happy to share with him because he pointed out such a great hike to me!

1 comment:

Conda Douglas said...

Gorgeous, Sean--I'm of Scots descent but have never been...someday...

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.