Monday 11 July 2011

Hoping to travel to South Sudan

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard that the Republic of South Sudan has just become the world's newest country. Welcome to the family of nations!

I'm looking into ways to get there in order to be the first travel blogger to write a series about it. My series about traveling in Somaliland, a country that doesn't officially exist, was my most popular ever, so I'm hoping the South Sudanese government will respond to my inquiries. With Gadling getting ten million hits a month, I could sure give them some good publicity.

I also have to figure out how to be the first Postcrossing member to get a postcard from South Sudan. . .


[Image courtesy Wikimedia Commons]

2 comments:

Donna Volkenannt said...

Sounds like a fascinating place to visit. I hope your wish comes true.
Donna v.

Midlist Writer said...

My five-year-old son has a map of Africa in his room. When I told him about South Sudan he wanted to know where the border is so he could draw it in! Now he's working on coloring a flag to put next to all the other African flags on the map.

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.