Saturday 25 January 2014

Tinkering with Radio Hope's blurb (version 3.0)

I realized that the blurb for my upcoming novel Radio Hope doesn't actually mention the radio station! So I've added a line. Tell me if you think this flows. One of the things I love about indie publishing is just a week before a book is published, you can fiddle with it.

In a world shattered by war, pollution and disease. . .
A gunslinging mother longs to find a safe refuge for her son.
A frustrated revolutionary delivers water to villagers living on a toxic waste dump.
In humanity’s last city, the assistant mayor hopes he will never have to take command.
Their only thing in common is they all listen to Radio Hope, a mysterious station that broadcasts vital information on surviving in a blighted world. But when a mad prophet and his army of fanatics march out of the wildlands on a crusade to purify the world through blood and fire, all three will find their lives intertwining, and changing forever.

4 comments:

Rusty Carl said...

I'm the worst person in the world about this sort of stuff (a glance at my own blurbs confirms this), but I think that it's fine.

D.G. Hudson said...

See my comment on Civil War blog. I will email you later today re the interview.

I just had a little tweak suggestion.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're right - it needed the radio station in it.
I think it would read smoother if it said 'The only thing...' Or maybe, 'What ties them together is Radio Hope...' Yeah, the last one has more impact with less words.

Sioux Roslawski said...

I like Alex's suggestion: "What ties them together..."

Good thing you caught that omission before it went out.

Good luck and congratulations.

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.