Monday 2 November 2015

Back from Morocco!


Hello again! I just got back from my writing retreat in Tangier. I spent a month living in a house I rented close to the Casbah, the old palace of the Sultan. The project was a novel called The Last Hotel Room, set in contemporary Tangier. I got about a third of the way through the first draft. I could have written more but finances dictated that I do 28,000 words of a ghostwriting assignment as well.

The work went well and I had a great time making new friendships and renewing old ones. I also got to be part of the Muslim New Year’s celebrations and travel around northern Morocco a bit with my family, who came down for part of the time. I’ll be talking all about it on this blog and over on my usual Wednesday posts over on Black Gate.

Today, though, I have a million things to take care of. November is going to be a busy month, including a research trip to England; releasing the third in my Trench Raiders series, No Man’s Land; starting a newsletter; plus I joined the Insecure Writers Support Group! Look for a post on that this week. See you soon! Photos of Morocco to come once I get them transferred off my phone!

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome back! Glad you got a lot of writing done and that your family joined you for part of the time.
Welcome to the IWSG!

D.G. Hudson said...

Looking forward to photos of Morocco! You - insecure? Hard to believe.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Looking forward to hearing about Morocco from you. Looks like you got quite a bit of writing done.

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.