Tuesday, 6 October 2026

What's Coming Up in the Rest of 2026?

We're three-quarters of the way through the year and the autumn is well and truly here. So what do I have planned for my writing before we crack open the champagne and cheer in 2027?

In late November, I plan to release The Case of the Terrible Tomb, book 9 in my Masked Man of Cairo historical mystery series. I left book 8 on a bit of a cliffhanger, and I've gotten a lot of emails asking when the followup will appear. You don't have much longer to wait and I promise book 9 isn't another cliffhanger!

In other news, I'm also working on a discounted boxed set of the first three books of the Cairo series that will contain a bonus short story. Binge readers like box sets, so that might bring some more people to my little world, plus the set will be in Kindle Unlimited, so KU readers can get the bonus short story for nothing! I'm hoping to have that out in November or December.

Sometime in December, Vinci Books will come out with audiobooks of my Toxic World and Moroccan Mystery series. More on that when I know myself!

That's all that will be published in 2026, but it isn't all that's in the works. For Vinci, I'm working on Book 3 of my Bunker series, due out in the spring of 2027. I'm also working on An Autumn Murder in Berlin, book 4 of my Berlin Murders series. Yes, that was supposed to come out this year, but other projects, and a move to Morocco, got in the way. Sorry, folks. I promise you'll have it by early 2027!

So what else is coming up in 2027? That will remain a mystery for now. . . 

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.