Friday 26 December 2008

Planning the Next Novel

As I wrote about earlier, here and here, I've been trying to figure out what novel to start with the New Year. I've decided to put off starting a new novel for a bit. My Civil War horror novel needs another serious draft, perhaps two. It's the best novel I've written (I think) and I'm very optimistic of its chances. I've been doing a lot of thinking about the two protagonists' motivations and personalities, as well as polishing the writing. I'm going to give it another three months of editing, and then start on my Oxford/London novel once I get there in April.

I'll also spend some time on two short stories and a novella I've been tinkering with. The first draft of one of the short stories can get done in another good sitting, but with all my end-of-the-year deadlines I haven't had the time or willpower. Hope to do that soon.

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.