Sunday 15 November 2009

My next book cover


I just got the cover for my next "book", really a short story in ebook format that will be published by Damnation Books, an up-and-coming small press specializing in horror. The title of my story, Dannevirke, comes from an old Viking earthwork on the border of Denmark and Germany. In the Dano-Prussian War of 1864 the Danes tried to defend this old fortification against overwhelming odds. The soldiers were so desperate they would do anything to save themselves from the Prussian onslaught. And therein lies a tale. . .

The cover was designed by Julie D'Arcy, an Australian writer and artist. She also makes video trailers for books. We've known each other through online writers' forums for years, so it's nice to finally work with her! I'm very happy with the result. She's blended and old painting with some more modern work to create a very atmospheric image that fits perfectly with my story.

Dannevirke will be available from Damnation Books on December 1. Don't worry, I'll remind you!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.