Saturday 24 December 2016

Back from Tangier, headed to Italy!

I just got back from a three-week writing retreat in Tangier. The weather was cold and rainy, so I didn't see much of the countryside, but I did get a lot of writing done, saw a few things I hadn't discovered before like a historic synagogue, and spent time with old friends.

My family came down for part of it and the weather miraculously cleared. We got to take some long walks through the city and enjoy one of my favorite cafes, Cafe Hafa. It's set on a steep slope overlooking the Strait of Gibraltar, with the seats practically clinging to the cliff!

Now I'm back in Europe and rediscovering the joys of central heating. We're off for five days to Italy right after Christmas. We're going to stay in Bologna and use it as a base to explore Florence and Ravenna. Have a safe and happy holiday and I'll post some pictures once I get back!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.