Thursday 21 April 2011

Working on page proofs for my next book

One of the nice things about being back in Oxford is that I'm only a short bus ride away from Osprey Publishing, who have published some of my most recent books. I went to the office yesterday to pick up the page proofs for Armies of the Adowa Campaign, due in stores in September. The art looks great and the layout is excellent as usual. I love working with a team that actually cares about the product!

While I was visiting Harar, Ethiopia, Osprey's blog published a couple of guest posts of mine about writing this book. Part one was about researching in Ethiopia, and part two was about researching in Rome. Check them out for insights into the ups and downs (and even dangers) of researching military history!

While visiting the office I also got to sit down with the editors and brainstorm some more book ideas. Hopefully I'll have an announcement here in the coming weeks about more contracts!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.