Monday 1 September 2014

Back in Madrid with a new writing challenge

Hugo Award from the 2007 Worldcon in Yokohama. They had a whole collection of old Hugos on display at this year's Worldcon in London.

Another summer in Oxford is over. The leaves were beginning to turn in England when I left two days ago, and here in Madrid it's sweltering.

I had a productive time in Oxford, researching my next book for Osprey in the Bodleian Library and making lots of new fannish friends at Worldcon. Now that I'm back in Madrid I have to get down to business. I have a ton of writing projects to finish by the end of the year, including the next installments in the Toxic World and Trench Raiders series, as well as Christmas stories for each! I also want to do a few short stories. Blogging will get more attention too.

I'm also making a commitment to myself. From now on I'm writing 2,000 words a day of fiction. I often exceed this amount, but there are days where I don't write at all. Now I'm going to discipline myself to keeping my bum in the chair and getting it done. This idea comes from the late, great Frederik Pohl, who had a similar level of commitment.

OK now, I'm off to write!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.