Thursday 24 July 2008

Plagiarist Beats A Hasty Retreat

In a previous post, I talked about how some idiot on LiveJournal uploaded the latest issue of Newbie Writers onto his blog, thereby breaching copyright with the editor, me, and all the other contributors. Newbie Writers Dawn Copeman and I made complaints to LiveJournal, but Idiot either realized the error of his ways or someone clued him in to copyright law, because the post was taken down before they could take action.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I wanted to get his account terminated. This guy claims to be a writer, but thinks nothing of using another writer's work without compensation. Well, I'm willing to bet that's one "Newbie Writer" who'll never make it into the Midlists, or anywhere else!

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.