Tuesday 4 January 2011

Photo Exhibition: The Prehistoric Painted Caves of Laas Geel

Regular readers of this blog will remember that I visited the unrecognized state of Somaliland last year. One of the highlights of my trip was seeing the painted caves of Laas Geel. The paintings are up to 10,000 years old and rank among the best preserved in Africa.

This beautiful but little-known site is the subject of my first solo photography exhibition. I'm having the grand opening on Saturday, January 8, at Café Béigol Bagel, Calle Meléndez Valdés, 29. Metro: Arguelles or Moncloa. Yes, it's a bagel shop. A rather humble beginning for my photography career but hey, I'm a writer first. If you happen to be in town pleased drop by. I'll be talking about the site and Somaliland in general.

For more on the caves, check out my post on Laas Geel and my series on travel in Somaliland.

No comments:

Looking for more from Sean McLachlan? He also hangs out on the Civil War Horror blog, where he focuses on Civil War and Wild West history.

You can also find him on his Twitter feed and Facebook page.